Sea Point High employs various methods to communicate with parents and guardians of the learners.
- The Term Calendar is distributed to learners at the start of each term and provides useful information regarding activities at Sea Point High. Important dates can be diarized, such as Academic Review meetings and examination dates.
- A Newsletter is published at the end of each term informing parents/guardians of special events and achievements together with current Issues at Sea Point High.
- Homework diaries are a compulsory purchase as it forms an Integral part of two-way communication. It allows parent and guardians to monitor the homework effectively as well as used to communicate with the educator in written form.
- Academic Review meetings are held either at the end of every term or beginning of the next term - always on a Thursday - and provide the ideal opportunity to meet the educators and discuss any matters pertaining to the learners. It is also the meeting at which term reports are issued and as such parent/guardian attendance is crucial.
- Control tests are conducted regularly and present both learner and educator with a clear Impression of progress. These tests are sent home to be signed by the parent or guardian, thereby alerting them of the leamer's progress.
- Further communication is conducted through SMSWEB, a programme through which important information is relayed to our parents/guardians via sms. Please ensure that we always have your latest cell phone number.