Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; plgContentDirectPHP has a deprecated constructor in /home2/seapoint/public_html/plugins/content/DirectPHP/DirectPHP.php on line 23
Sea Point High employs various methods to communicate with parents and guardians of the learners.
- The Term Calendar is distributed to learners at the start of each term and provides useful information regarding activities at Sea Point High. Important dates can be diarized, such as Academic Review meetings and examination dates.
- A Newsletter is published at the end of each term informing parents/guardians of special events and achievements together with current Issues at Sea Point High.
- Homework diaries are a compulsory purchase as it forms an Integral part of two-way communication. It allows parent and guardians to monitor the homework effectively as well as used to communicate with the educator in written form.
- If the matter is serious, an appointment can be made with the relevant educator. Be aware that educators and parents are both faced with time constraints, and mutual respect demands that appointments be honored punctually. Appointments can be scheduled via the homework diary or telephonically by contacting (021) 434 9141 or via email (see email addresses below).
- Academic Review meetings are held at the end of every term and provide the Ideal opportunity to meet the educators and discuss any matters pertaining to the learners. It is also the meeting at which term reports are issued and as such parent/guardian attendance is expected.
- Control test are conducted weekly and present both learner and educator with a clear Impression of progress. These tests are sent home to be signed by the parent or guardian, thereby alerting them of the leamer's progress.