School Activities And Clubs
Sea Point High believes in educating our learners holistically. This means that teachers focus not only on the academic aspect of the learners' education, but also on the non-academic aspects.
With this in mind, an extensive co-curricular and extra-curricular programme has been implemented and incorporated Into the academic time-table. This allows learners to commit whole-heartedly to a Club or a Society of their choice. While these Clubs and Societies are facilitated by the educators, the learners are given the opportunity to equip themselves with necessary life skills, such as organizational and administrative tasks, as well as project co-ordination.
Clubs and Societies are expected to participate fully in the school's calendar; Assemblies, Open Day and Celebration Evening are some of the events at which the activities of the Clubs and Societies are show-cased.
Clubs and Societies
- The Fundraising Club provides an excellent introduction to marketing, incorporating event management.
- Out-maneuvering, out-thinking and strategizing are integral parts of the Chess Club for those learners who know, or who want to know, the difference between a rook and a pawn.
- The Community Outreach Club attempts to create a better environment for people from all walks of life, while the Environmental Club looks at ways In protecting our flora and fauna, ensuring the survival of Mother Earth.
- The Debating Club is all about putting across your opinion to the masses In a dignified, informed and organized manner that is used by politicians and businessmen around the world.
- The Walking Club is an introduction to the healthy lifestyle that Is actively pursued by the School.
- Learners are encouraged to join the Interact, Interfaith and Scalabrini groups, where they can meet other people and also learners from other schools from all walks of life to engage and learn from each other, thereby creating a more understanding, sensitive and helpful culture.
Table tennis, basketball, 5-a-side soccer, cricket, netball and volleyball are sports offered at the school. Learners are encouraged to participate in the interhouse programmes and hone their athletic skills while enjoying team work and competition.
We are committed to community Involvement and encourage our learners to join sports clubs In the area most convenient for them.
Local groups include the following:
- Cricket - Cape Technikon Fields, Green Point
- Dragon Boating - V&A Waterfront
- Golf - Metropolitan Golf Club, Green Point
- Soccer - Cape Technikon, Green Point
- Rugby - Hamilton's Rugby Club, Green Point